Centre LSD Project Goal
To contribute to improving women participation in politics in Nigeria through the engagement of male leaders who are advocates for women’s political leadership.
- To mobilize male leaders and stakeholders to become change agents and advocates for women’s participation in Nigeria’s political process.
- To build awareness on the role of men to work alongside women in furthering gender equality in Nigeria’s political and electoral processes.
- To support coalition partners in advocating and campaigning for reforms to increase gender equality/women’s participation in electoral laws, regulations, and policies, including the Constitution, Electoral Act, and Gender and Equal Opportunities Bill.
- Increased number of new advocates and champion on women inclusion in politics.
- Increased engagements of coalition NGOs on the roles of male champion in women’s inclusion in politics.
- Increased awareness of the role of male champions in women’s participation in politics.
- Increased action taken by male champion on ensuring women’s participation in politics in Nigeria.
The project is being implemented by the African Centre for Leadership, Strategy and Development (Centre LSD), a non-profit, non-governmental organization, established under the Nigerian laws, to build strategic leadership for sustainable development in Africa.
The Centre’s mission is to work with forces of positive change to transform society through transformative leadership, Strategy, and development approaches.
This project is funded by National Democratic Institute (NDI) through U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) African Centre for Leadership, Strategy and Development (Centre LSD), with partnership with the Network of Disabled Women.